HP is known for producing high-quality printers, scanners, computers, and laptops. Their printers are versatile and reliable at the same time. They produce world-class output and this is the reason they are largely used all over the world. Their products are so good that no other company has the same market share as HP.
But HP printers will not work flawlessly at all times and sometimes you may encounter a few errors in them every now and then. After all, the products are electronic devices and they are prone to Technical errors. If you have encountered a similar problem with your computer, then you are right where you need to be.
Today we are going to solve one important problem in the HP printer fax machine that is the ‘Awaiting Redial’ Error Message.
Awaiting Redial Problem in HP
Awaiting a redial issue occurs when someone is trying to send a fax and the machine is not responding. It is an issue that can be easily fixed without any hiccup. Here are some clear suggestions about what you need to do when you encounter this type of problem.
First of all, clear the message “Awaiting Redial” while trying to send a fax. Before sending the fax message, the machine will scan the documents into the memory. If the fax number you are dialing is not answering, you will see the message to be displayed on the LCD “Awaiting Redial” for 4 seconds and then return to the Date & Time.
Receiving Number check – Due to the auto redial feature, the machine keeps redialling the number until it is connected to the other end. This feature is pretty awesome and makes our life a whole lot easier. But sometimes, you can enter the wrong receiving number and the machine keeps redialling it. So, you must check it once and then proceed, you might have to clear the HP printer setup to fix the redial issue.
Wait for Some Time – If you are seeing the redial message flash on the screen, you should wait for some time when entering the correct number for fax. Let it complete the processing and allow some time for the machine to try again. It is possible that it is receiving busy signals and that is why the connection is not going through.
Check Connection – Another way using which you can fix the ‘Awaiting Redial’ message is by checking the connection. there are chances that a poor internet connection is creating problems. You need to ensure that the cord is connected properly and the internet is working properly. If not, remove the cord and then reconnect it again.
Using all the above troubleshooting methods you can try to fix the ‘Awaiting Redial’ error message. Other problems like HP printer offline error needs to be addressed separately.
To bring the printer online if it is offline, you can try the following tips:
- First of all, check the printer thoroughly and also check if the cables are not damaged or defective. if a cable is found damaged or defective, replace it immediately with a new one and then try to bring the printer online.
- Try to set the printer online manually as follows:
- Go to the ‘Printers and Devices’ section via the ‘Start’ menu.
- right-click on your printer’s name and then select ‘See What’s Printing’.
- From the menu, select the printer and from the options in the drop-down menu, select ‘Use Printer Online’.
- Next, try to clear the pending print jobs from the queue.
- if this doesn’t help, try to remove and then reinstall your printer.
- Sometimes, the driver you have installed for your printer can also be responsible for making the printer offline. If that is the case, you will be required to remove and then install the latest version from the official website.
- HP also provides a troubleshooting tool to help you in diagnosing the printing and scanning errors with your HP printer. You can download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your device, afterward, launch the software and follow the instructions to fix the issue.
Using any of the above provided, you can try fixing the ‘Printer Offline Error’ with your HP printer.