If you had ever encountered a situation when you were unable to open the JPG/JPEG images on your Windows system, then you might be familiar with the “Invalid Value for Registry JPG” error. It is a standard error in Windows OS, which often appears after upgrading Windows to a newer version.
For example, if you were using Windows 8 earlier, and then moved to Windows 10, chances are you will encounter the “Invalid Value for Registry JPEG” error while opening the JPEG images with Windows Photo Viewer.
Well, the great news is there are multiple free Methods to Repair Corrupt JPEG Files. In this article, we will discuss each method to avoid this error while offering an automated solution that can quickly recover images from your Windows OS.
Also, Read – Data Recovery Solution – Smart Way to Recover Your Lost Data
Workarounds to Fix Invalid Value for Registry JPEG / JPG
Approach 1 – Reconfigure Photos App
This method applies to Windows 10 users. If you reset the Windows Photo App configuration, it’ll delete the previous settings and cached data from the app, then you would possibly be ready to access your photos. Follow the below steps to reset Photo app settings in Windows 10
- Go to the Start menu and click Settings
- In the Settings section, select System then click Apps & Features
- Double-click the Photo app and select the Advanced options, and then click Reset
It will reset the app configuration. After that, you can try to open your images again.
Approach 2 – Update Graphic Drivers on your System
If the drivers in your system aren’t up so far, then it could even be a reason behind the occurrence of the “Invalid Value for Registry” error. So, check whether the drivers are up-to-date or not. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Go to the beginning menu and sort Device Manager within the search bar
- Go to the Device Manager and expand the display adaptor section. Now, right-click on the Graphics driver and select Update Driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software
This will start updating the Graphic drivers on your system if there are any updates. After updating the driver, you can try to open your images with the Photos app.
Approach 3 – Change the Registry Settings
The “Invalid Value for Registry” majorly occurs thanks to incorrect registry settings, so if you’ve got a touch technical expertise, then change the registry settings consistent with the present Windows version. To achieve this, follow the below steps:
- Press Win+R button on your system and type Regedit in the opened tab and then click OK. Now, go to the following entry:
- In this section, you will find several entries, each with a version number. If the folder contains eight listings, then four entries are outdated, and if it includes four entries, then two are obsolete. So, delete the outdated entries one by one.
- To delete the outdated entries, right-click on the outdated entry and choose Properties.
- Click Security and open Permissions, and then click Advanced in Select User or Group window.
- Click the Find Now option and select your username and then click OK.
- Now, right-click the Outdated entry and click Delete.
Follow an equivalent procedure for every outdated entry, then Restart your system. The register value will be changed.
The manual methods mentioned above might assist you to overcome the “Invalid Value for Registry” error. However, if you’re still unable to access your JPEG images, it means the photographs are highly corrupt, and you would like to repair them.
Now, the manual methods don’t help repair corrupt images, so you would like an automatic solution that will quickly fix the corrupt/damaged photos. In our opinion, Sysinfo Photo Recovery is the best utility that can quickly repair damaged/inaccessible images. It is designed with advanced algorithms that make it easy for users to repair photo corruption. Also, the functioning of the software is pretty simple and straightforward.
Fixing the ‘Invalid Value for Registry JPG’ error can be complicated if you don’t know the exact process. However, this error also can occur thanks to corrupt pictures. In this article, we have discussed “Invalid Value for Registry JPEG” and Ways to fix it. Also, we have provided an automated solution – Sysinfo Photo Recovery Tool, just in case the JPEG images are still inaccessible after trying the manual methods.